Now a days, education has multifold programmes and activities to inculcate in students a sense of common values, integrated approach, group feelings, community interrelationship leading to national integration and knowledge to adjust in different situations.Evaluation in education assesses the effectiveness of worth of an educational experience which is measured against instructional objectives. Check for Educational Evaluations in US at UT Evaluators
Evaluation is done to fulfill the following needs and Importance:
1. (a) It helps a teacher to know his pupils in details. Today, education is child-centered. So, child’s abilities, interest, aptitude, attitude etc., are to be properly studied so as to arrange instruction accordingly.
(b) It helps the teacher to determine, evaluate and refine his instructional techniques.
(c) It helps him in setting, refining and clarifying the objectives.
(d) It helps him to know the entry behaviour of the students.
2. It helps an administrator.
(a) In educational planning and
(b) In educational decisions on selections, classification and placement.
3. Education is a complex process. Thus, there is a great need of continuous evaluation of its processes and products. It helps to design better educational programmes.
4. The parents are eager to know about the educational progress of their children and evaluation alone can assess the pupils’ progress from time to time.
5. A sound choice of objectives depends on an accurate information regarding pupil’s abilities, interest, attitude and personality traits and such information is obtained through evaluation. Educational Evaluations in US visit here
6. Evaluation helps us to know whether the instructional objectives have been achieved or not. As such evaluation helps planning of better strategies for education.
7. A sound programme of evaluation clarifies the aims of education and it helps us to know whether aims and objectives are attainable or not. As such, it helps in reformulation of aims and objectives.
8. Evaluation studies the ‘total child’ and thus helps us to undertake special instructional programmes like enrichment programme, for the bright and remedial programmes for the backward.
9. It helps a student in encouraging good study habits, in increasing motivation and in developing abilities and skills, in knowing the results of progress and in getting appropriate feedback.
10. It helps us to undertake appropriate guidance services.
From the above discussions it is quite evident that evaluation is quite essential for promoting pupil growth. It is equally helpful lo parents, teachers, administrators and students.